Friday, March 6, 2009

I can't pretend to be wise...

...but if I were pretending to be wise, this is the one piece of advice I might offer:

Make the time to look at your life and figure out who those people are with whom you share some type of a mutual and true love. [This is not neccessarily a romantic love.] The people who love all of your flaws and short comings just because they're yours. The people you could spend forever with and never once feel like you have to try to say what they want to hear, as opposed to what you really believe. They let you know that you can be the purest, most honest and stripped down version of yourself, totally weak and vulnerable, and still be without any doubt in your mind that they love you in that moment. You have an unconditional connection, free of judgement, full of compassion and understanding.

If you really think about it, can you be positive that you have people in your life who fit this discription? These people will quite likely, you may realize, be the most selfless people that you've ever met. These are people who inspire you to figure out who you are, to become that person, and to better yourself with time. They don't inspire with any type of pressure; you just learn from them.

Sometimes guilt is a factor, just because I wish I could be as good to them as they are to me. Because I am fortunate enough to have perhaps a few people in my life who fit that above description. And there are a several more who come very close. A mistake I make, constantly, is not letting these people know how important they really are to me. And actually, "my mistake" is in almost every case, exactly what differentiates the several from the few. I can tell the few absolutely everything. I can tell the several everything except how much they mean to me, because in my mind, it would just seem one thing too... for lack of a more appropriate term, "cheesy". The cheesy thing is the one thing I would be afraid to say.

So why can't I say it really? Might it be because the inverse of one of my first statements is also true? Should you never once have to feel like you need to keep yourself from saying something that you think they don't want to hear? Or something that you think they would misinterpret? Is that what separates the few from the several?

It's time to stop writing when I feel as if I'm starting to make less and less sense...

That's all for now, until my brain stops reeling.

No comments:

Post a Comment